EMERGENCY FIRST AID AT WORK
There are no specific pre-requisite qualifications but there is an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved and learners should have basic skills in communication.
This qualification is designed to provide the the knowledge and skills to be able to respond to emergency first aid situations in the workplace.
On completion of this course, you will receive an Active IQ Level 2 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work.
This qualification must be maintained, refresher training and re-certification is required every 3 years.
- Understand the role and responsibilities of a first aider
- Be able to assess an incident
- Be able to manage an unresponsive casualty who is breathing normally
- Be able to manage an unresponsive casualty who is not breathing normally
- Be able to recognise and assist a casualty who is choking
- Be able to manage a casualty with external bleeding
- Be able to manage a casualty who is in shock
- Be able to manage a casualty with a minor injury
COURSE DATE: thursday 7TH septemBER 2017